R.V. Seòl Mara
She has a large open afterdeck (6m x 4m) with removable aft rail section (width 1.25m) to allow easy deployment of large gear or easy access of divers over the side. There is a bench area in the wheelhouse (1m x 0.6 m) for covered scientific working, and a covered dry hold area, which provides storage and mounting space for equipment, is accessible through a hatch (1.2m x 1.2m). There is a small galley and life-raft available.
Seòl Mara has capacity for 8 passengers and is operated by a crew experienced in scientific operations.
There are no sleeping facilities on board. Limited hot lunches and drinks are provided from a small galley.
- Length: 10.4m (overall)
- Beam: 4.1m
- Working draft: 1.8m
- Hydraulic A frame with SWL of 0.5 tonnes
- Trawl winch: Spencer Carter triple barrel winch
- 325m, 5mm dia. hydro wire
- 325m, 8mm dia. trawl wire
- Propulsion is provided by a Perkins Sabre diesel engine, developing 112 B.H.P. driving a single propeller and giving a maximum passage speed of 7 knots. Electrical power (240V AC, single phase, 6kW) is provided by a Beta Marine generator.
- Magnetic compass
- PC Based Chart Plotting System
- Furuno GP-50 Mark 2 GPS Navigator
- Racal Decca Navstar 2000
- Furuno 2400Mk. 3 Radar with variable range marker
- JMC Colour video echo sounder
- Simrad EL Echo Sounder
- Sailor MF communications Rx Type 104 Tx Type 121
- Cellular phone
- ICOM VHF Type M120
- Euronav computer chart system