European Marine Biological Research Infrastructure Cluster
The European Marine Biological Research Infrastructure Cluster is designed to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and innovation from marine Bio-Resources. EMBRIC aims to promote new applications derived from marine organisms in fields such as drug discovery, novel foods and food ingredients, aquaculture selective breeding, bioremediation, cosmetics and bioenergy.
- >by conducting a comprehensive survey of available resources and techniques, EMBRIC will develop new pipelines and new industry standards.
- >by interconnecting science, industry and policy, EMBRIC will defragment regional research, development and innovation policies.
- >by implementing joint academia-industry development activities, EMBRIC will allow industry to directly integrate results and protocols in commercial processes.
- >by developing best practices and integrated training programs, EMBRIC will accelerate the pace of scientific discovery and innovation.
- >by connecting 6 existing European Research Infrastructures and 27 partners from Academia, Research institutes, non-for-profit organizations and industry, EMBRIC will facilitate technology transfer, knowledge transfer and transnational access.
In general, EMBRIC will provide a long-term integrated cluster approach to promote the Blue Bio-Economy.
SAMS role in EMBRIC
SAMS contributes expertise to the development of standards for the preservation and exchange of biological material, as well as IT and data management.